Our group of 13 has been scheduled for Saturday, November 9, 1:00pm - 4:00pm! Please review the instructions below to register your group members and let me know if you have any questions.
Group Member Registration
All adults including the group leader must create an account and sign up for the shift using your group’s personalized landing page HERE. This allows us to know who is volunteering and also serves as the volunteer waiver for adults.
Minors MUST have a parent or guardian sign the attached Youth Volunteer Application. This can be turned in the day of the volunteer project. In addition, minors may choose to create their own account and sign up for the shift using your group’s landing page in order to track volunteer hours. The online signup is optional for minors, however, the hardcopy Youth Volunteer Waiver is required.
• Your volunteer shift will take place at 331 Great Circle Road in Nashville.
• Limited parking is available next to our building. We encourage volunteers to carpool whenever possible.
Volunteer Duties/Policies and Procedures
Please review the attached policies and procedures prior to your shift and be sure to note these important policies:
• ALL warehouse volunteers must wear close-toed shoes. Volunteers wearing sandals or flip-flops will not be allowed to volunteer. Please ensure that everyone in your group is aware of this policy.
• There are several volunteer projects at Second Harvest that include refrigerated sorting. Please have everyone bring cozy layers in case we ask you to do a “cool” volunteer project!
• No bags, purses or backpacks are allowed in the volunteer area. Please leave these items at home or in a locked vehicle.
• In efforts to remain as environmentally friendly as possible, we encourage all volunteers to bring their own reusable water bottle.